Thursday, August 9, 2007

Does life really go on?

It is hard to take that step back into life after the hits that we have taken at our house over the last 10 months or so. I am a little skiddish to say the least. It has been just one thing after another. At the same time I am blown away by God's provision at each step of the journey. He has been so very faithful and has been such an awesome prescence through it all!! I can't even describe it...it as though God has just been leading us down this absolutely crazy path that has more twists in it than I care to discuss, but he just keeps saying, "follow me...I know where we are going. It is all under control"
So, I will post about a happy moment in my precious Aly's life today...
After a day of running around town on errands in the HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We decided to go to our neighbors house with the girls and take them for a swim. They have been so sweet to open up their pool to us and today was definately THE DAY. So off we went.
Aly is absolutely FEARLESS and in the pool is no exception. she has a floaty thing that she wears over her bathing suit. She loves it and just flings herself into the pool over and over and over as though nothing could stop her. So, after swimming for a bit, David asked her if she would like to take the floaty off and see how she could do without it. Of course...she was total GAME!! So, off it came and we floated awhile, and she went back and forth between David and me a number of times. I was so very proud of her...she was really doing very very well. We commented that by the end of next week she should be a pro. I reminded her that when she got out of the pool not to go jumping in like she was used to doing since she didn't have the floaty on. About that time she said that she needed to visit the bathroom. So, out of the pool she charged and a few minutes later she came running up to the pool and didn't even slow down...IN SHE CAME...into the deep end no less!!!!! David and I both about had heart failure and either one of us could have easily challenged Mark Spitz to a race across the pool to get her. As we got close I realized that she had popped up to the surface, her eyes were wide open and her mouth was firmly closed. She wasn't at all in a panic, she was just treading the mess out of that pool water! David plucked her out of the water in one quick move and attempted to stuff his heart back down his throat. It took us a while to recover, but she was okay. I asked her if she was scared. She said "no"
Of course not!!
Kind of like earlier in the week when I was having a "moment" she climbed up in my arms and said, "Mom, it's okay, Hunny is in Heaven with Igma, Great Aly and Jesus"
Out of the mouths of babes...thank God for my babes!!!
Off to bed. Praying for good sleep and a peaceful night for my Dad..I can't even imagine what is swirling around in his head I can't even begin to imagine how he is putting one foot in front of the other right now!!
Thanks everyone for the continued prayers and support!!!

In HIS Mighty Grip~

No comments: