I've been tagged by Angie who is adopting baby Emma. Click on her name to see her blog.
The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Okay...Here goes nothing!
1. I was born and raised in St. Augustine Florida. There was a paragraph about St. Augustine in your 5th grade history book...it is the oldest continuously established settlement in the United States. 1565 baby...that's old!!! My parents were both also born and raised there.
2. I tend to be a control freak. Don't believe me? Just ask my hubby. When Aly starts exhibiting that lovely behavior and I get all...well...control freak about it...he says, "Shelley...where do you think she gets it?????" I know...I know....I really do try to not do that, but sometimes it just sneaks up on my and slaps me upside the head!!!
3. Angie...I'm with you on this one....I am a napper!!! I can't stand to drive long distances because I fall asleep in the car at the drop of a hat. If I'm not driving, don't even expect me to keep you awake!! I am usually asleep seconds after laying down at night. It took David forever to realize that he can't have serious conversations with me at bedtime because I will miss most of it. Lili seems to be most like me on this one.
4. I am addicted to the internet! David used to LOVE that commercial where the guy is surfing the web and that sign comes up on the screen that said something like "You have reached the end of the internet. There is no more! Go back! " He has all kinds of firewalls and security stuff on my computer because I am relentless!!! But, knock on wood, I have only had virus' a couple of times and my computer crashed once ( I don't think that one was my fault!!). Anyway, if you want to know something just give me a holler...I will find it for you on the web!! I LOVE IT!!!!!
5. I always sneeze in three's. Yep...I'm serious...always in threes. When I was in highschool my friends would always wait for me to finish and then say, "Bless you cubed". Seriously...if you ever catch me sneezing and I only let out two, don't think you caught me...stick around, I will sneeze one time to make up for it. Oh and ...I sneeze REALLY LOUDLY!!!!!!!!!!!
6. I am a packrat. I get it honestly from my mother...she is the poster child for Pack Rat!!! I have tried for years to overcome this sick little habit because it can REALLY take over. I think I have done pretty well, but it is something that you never are free from and it builds over time!! We spent 7 years as houseparents with a Children's Home and we just moved this past January...HOLY COW...we apparently hadn't had a yard sale in a while! We try to have yard sales regularly to get rid of excess and that usually helps a bit.
7. I am a big Jimmy Stewart fan. I guess my facination isn't like it used to be (Uh...life, kids...you know the drill) but I do love to watch his movies. He was just the coolest!! When David and I got married he bought a book of poems by JS and also a couple of books about him and "It's a Wonderful Life (see #8) and sent them to JS's personal secretary to have them autographed for me. I love them!!!! The funny part is that JS was getting up there in age and so one of the books is signed to "The Fwiller's" instead of "The Swindler's". It makes me laugh to think about that secenario..."Mr Stewart, please sign this one to The Swindler's" "Huh??? Did you say the Fwiller's??" "No Mr. Stewart, the Swindler's" "Oh...okay...The Fwiller's"
8. My favorite movie is "It's a Wonderful Life" We watch it 50 times starting Thanksgiving night. Okay, well maybe not 50, but A LOT!! I can't wait for my girls to love that movie as well. (Please God, don't let them hate it...it will crush me!!) I even have the whole Christmas Village of the Movie. David moved heaven and earth (and kept Ebay in business last year) collecting all the pieces for me. Of course we will have to set up a tent outside this year at christmas to actually set it all up...that or move all of the furniture out of the living room and put up tables!!! :-) Oh well...we do what we must!!!
Now...who should I tag...
Okay...so that's all I can think of for now. If I think of anyone else I will post later.