Monday, April 6, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook- April 6th Edition

For Today...


Outside my window... it is overcast and 75 degrees.
I am thinking... that I am not a fan of pollen. Nor are my sinus's and my eyes!!
From the learning rooms... not a lot formally at the table today as the girls and I are heading to the grocery store later. There is always lots to learn while we are there!! We will work on memorization in the car. When we get back we will do some reading. (We got some new readers this weekend and Aly is very excited about them)
I am thankful for…my Daddy. He will be 75 yrs old in a few months. We have lived here with him since my Mom passed away two years ago and we are so blessed to have him in our lives. I am so thankful that my girls get to see him every single day of their lives now and not just talk to him on the phone like before! These are the memories they will have forever!! We all will!
From the kitchen... My hubby requested some of my Vegetarian Chili...so that is what I will make for tonight (with plenty of leftovers!) I think I am going to let the girls help me make some Banana Coconut bars this week...we found a great recipe!
I am wearing… my jammies still! I am heading to the shower when I am done with this post. :-)
I am reading... "Fields of the Fatherless" by Tom Davis Wonderful book that has been on my bookshelf for a long time. I kept meaning to read it, but never got around to it. It is wonderful!!
I am hoping... that I can get Mt. Laundry under control this week!! Holy Cow!!!
I am hearing... Aly playing on her computer next to me. She was working on a reading game where she can form words, but now she is playing a "Handy Manny" game.
One of my favorite things... is smelling fresh bread baking. I won't get any made today, but hopefully tomorrow!!! YUMMY
One of my other favorite things just happened...Lili woke up and ran down the hall and jumped up into my arms to tell me "Good Morning" She is such a little snuggle bug and I love to snuggle with her. I just LOVE those first few minutes with them when they first wake up!!! I have always told them first thing in the morning that I missed them so much while they were sleeping and recently Lili started saying that back to me first thing. I am so blessed!!
A few plans for the rest of the week... well, since most of the world is on Spring Break around there this week, we don't have gymnastics or choir practice or Mission Friends this week. That means we won't be running around like crazy trying to be somewhere on time. So...hopefully we can get some projects done or at least "worked on" without sacrificing any school time. I have an apron I need to make, I have to finish going through the girls clothes and weeding out all the stuff that doesn't fit anymore. We have a few other family projects that I would love to get to!!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

The first picture is Aly the morning after she was placed in our arms in Dec 2004. The second picture was a few weeks ago...what a difference 4 years makes!!! I still don't know how she got so big! She is so smart and strong and beautiful. She is my Amazing Alyson...my gift from God!!!

Stop by The Simple Woman's Daybook for links to others and to start your own.Thanks for dropping in today!
In HIS Mighty Grip~

2 comments:

Susan said...

I remember that first pic!! What a joy she was from moment one! Happy Monday to the S. family!

MediMonsters said...

They are precious!! Congrats on the adoptions.

Have a great week!