Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A little light reading...

Aly and I have found a wonderful new resource. It is called DailyLit and it is a wonderful website where you can subscribe to different books. Most of them are free and they send you a short exerpt of the book each day in your email. There are many books that Aly and I want to read together, but I know that it is just too big to bite off, don't want to go buy it now, or keep checking and rechecking it out of the library long enough to finish it. So...I just subscribed to it at DailyLit and one page a day comes into my In box!

Aly and I started "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" last week. She runs to my computer each morning and wants to see if the newest installment has come yet. It only takes us a few minutes to read the one page. Obviously it is very different from the movie version and she is loving it!!

Anyway, check it out...great resource!!!

Stop by our school blog and check at the bottom of the sidebar to see what we are currently reading.

Blessings~

2 comments:

lillian08 said...

That is so cool! I will have to check it out!
Miss you... hope you are doing well!
xo,
Jen

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing this - sounds terrific-Maggie and I really enjoy our local library- they have a good reading program for toddlers that meets once a week. Plus, we check out dvd's there as well. We watched Cinderella for the first time a week ago- she was mesmerized!