Thursday, July 3, 2008

Let Freedom Ring!!!


David and his babies just one short year ago...can't wait to see how tomorrow's picture comes out!!

Well, tomorrow is a special day in our house. Tomorrow is the 4th of July...it is also David's birthday!!! It is also a very special day for Aly and Lili as they are both LEGAL immigrants to this country. (As the mound of paperwork we filled out both here and in China will attest!! :-)

Anyway, we have a very special tradition that we again observe in the morning. I buy the girls a July 4th outfit which they wear with their red bandana Do-rags and they come wake Daddy up first thing to wish him a Happy Birthday. He puts on his red Do-rag and I take their picture together.

The girls and I also go buy a hat and decorate it with markers for Dad to wear at the beach or the pool so as to keep his ...um...ever so slightly balding head...from getting ever so slightly sunburned!! (We love your balding head Daddy!!!!)

So, tomorrow morning, early, the girls and I will get up and get his hat all ready. Then I will get them into their outfits and we will pile...guns a blazing...into bed with Daddy for our July 4th photo shoot!! We plan to spend the rest of the day poolside!! WHOOO HOOOO!! We are having BBQ, potato salad, baked beans and deviled eggs by the pool under our new Gazeebo.

We might try to make it downtown for the fireworks, but that remains to be seen. Just to relax with my Hubby, my Girls and my Dad is enough for me. I will try to post pictures tomorrow night :-)

David said, all through the wait for Lili, that he knew that she would be his birthday buddy since Aly was mine. My birthday is New Years Eve and Aly's is two days before mine. Well, that didn't happen as Lili is also my birthday buddy...coming in on Dec 2nd! I guess it is okay with him however...he gets to share the 4th with them both.

How unbelievably blessed we are this day!!! God has truly given us many good things...the most amazing things being these beautiful children!


Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness...
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD. Psalm 150:1& 6





2 comments:

prechrswife said...

Happy birthday to David! Have a fun day tomorrow! :-)

lillian08 said...

Happy, Happy, Birthday David! Hoping your day was spectacular!!! Jenny D.