I have gotten this from a number of different people and I finally decided that maybe I am supposed to blog it! I have no idea who actually wrote it, but it is SO TRUE!!
You know you are an adoptive mother...or SHOULD be an adoptive mother if:
1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss them goodnight has ever made you lose sleep.
2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love and family.
3. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that if 7% of Christians adopted 1 child, there would be no orphans in the world is convicting to you.
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who have experienced the blessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about your adopted child's "real" parents.
7. You have ever been "pregnant" with your adoptive child longer than it takes an elephant to give birth (2 years!)
8. You had no idea how you would afford to adopt but stepped out in faith anyway knowing where God calls you He will provide.
9. You have ever taken a airplane ride half way around the world with a child you just met.
10. You believe God's heart is for adoption.
11. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart and family is one of the most important legacy's you could ever leave on this earth.
12. You shudder when people say your child is so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you are the blessed one to have them in your life.
13. You know what the word Dossier means and you can actually pronounce it!
Well, I AM an adoptive mother X2 and somedays I am so blown away that God would not only let me parent a child, but that he would choose me to be an adoptive parent! How honored and blessed am I!!
~Thank you Abba, that you chose to honor me with these two Angels to raise for YOU for this time. Please guide and direct my steps so that I can be the Mother you want for me to be for THEIR sakes and for YOUR Glory! Amen~