Friday, May 2, 2008

Just how essential is prayer?

Well, let me tell you...absolutely nothing has changed as far as what is going on right now. Nothing has changed...except that we have friends praying for us and it is amazing how much less hopeless and desperate I feel today. Just having God's arms wrapped around me in the form of prayers that so many of you have sent up makes such a difference!! We feel your prayers in a mighty way...and for that I am so grateful!! Thank you...please don't stop now!

Stress is a mighty force to be reckoned with for sure...especially when it continues to build and build and there is no way to relieve that pressure.

David and I were talking last night and we came to a pretty big realization. Last summer, when we lost both of our mothers ... something changed. We no longer had EITHER ONE of our mothers praying for us. Both of our Moms were mighty prayer warriors and they lifted our little family up each and every day. They were our very own little Intercessory Prayer team!! That prayer covering was ripped away and it made a huge impact on us. We didn't even realize that until yesterday. Wow...what a concept! But what does that really mean?? Anyone out in Blogland have any thoughts on this? I would love to hear what you think!!

I think I am going to go do a little digging on this subject and see what I can come up with. I welcome your thoughts on any of this by the way!!

Anyway, please don't stop praying for us. Please continue to pray for David's sanity and ability to make the right decisions in this. Pray for clear direction for him to guide our family out of this maze.

Thank you!!!

In HIS Mighty Grip~

5 comments:

prechrswife said...

Glad you're feeling better. Still praying for you. :-)

2 China 4 Addison said...

Shelley, isn't it amazing how all of a sudden you get what the Bible says about "Gods peace that passes all understanding", when you truly FEEL that peace?! Peace in the midst of pain, stress, etc....it is definitely beyond our human understanding. I"m so glad you are feeling His peace today. Will keep praying for you guys.
Love,
Becki

Amber Bishop said...

Shelley,
As one family who has just recently come out of a 18 month valley that seemed so deep we would never get out, out of the blue, after being faithful and obedient and not caring about anything except being faithful to Him, we realized we are out. Deeply out and deeply thankful because it has only been God who has brought us here. Mine is cryptic too, so I understand that. I am praying.
Amber (Homeschool Diva)
PS - don't know when you changed it but love the new skin:-)

Susan said...

I'm with you on the loss of a parent/ loss of prayer warrior. This is even more a reason that has helped me bond with Elizabeth. She had no one. We're it.

When I lost my Dad, I had to continually drop it all at the foot of the cross. Sometimes it was so many times a day that I would pick it back up that I lost count. Give it to Him, take it back. It became almost worthless to keep doing this in my own head... until one day, I realized that I was picking it up less and less. It's still there, everyday, many times a day, but its better. I had to dig myself with HIS help, out of the hole that was affecting my kids, my husband, and myself. My Dad was gone. I wouldn't see him again on this earth. My children won't remember or know him. I wanted him back. Why did you take him now God?? Would my Dad want to come back once he saw the throne of Christ?/.. nope. That was/ is my comfort.

Shelley said...

Hey Susan,
That is something David and I always remind each other of...the fact that they wouldn't not EVEN entertain the notion of coming back now that they have been to the throne of God!!!
I have become so much more mindful of praying for my girls...not the by rote prayers that sometimes come out of convience to just pray, but real...honest...from the deepest part of me prayers for my girls and every facet of their lives. Aly has begun to pray with me when we are in the car. That bonding time with us is very special and I hope it is a memory she takes with her always!!