Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"Gotcha" One year ago today!!


It's amazing what changes occur in a year. It is hard to imagine our lives without our Liliana Grace MinQin Swindler. She has been in our arms for a year now. She was in our hearts a lot longer than that. The "tiger lily" has blossomed into a beautiful little girl with a little temper and a few tantrums here and there but more than enough love and smiles and laughter to make up for anything that might temporarily drive you batty.
We are sooooo blessed to have both of our girls. God is good all the time and He certainly knew what He was doing when He put us together. He certainly does have a sense of humor too. Lili and Aly are wonderful, amazing little creations and examples of His creativity. We can't wait to see what new and exciting things are ours for the coming New Year.
Last year this time we were in Nanchang. It was cold and we were anticipating getting our little Lili. I remember when I first met her eyes. There was a special connection there. I don't know how to explain it, there was just something unspeakable but that witnessed to my very soul about this little life that I now held in my arms. Maybe it was all the perfume the orphanage workers had sprayed her with that was clouding my mind. Maybe it was the lack of good sleep. I choose to think it was a "heart touch", a connection that only God gives. I don't remember feeling that when we first got Aly, it took some time to connect but boy when we did... Amazingly enough, after getting Lili I was sooooo angry that a new child was coming into our life and would interupt my relationship with my wonderful little girl. After all why messs up a good thing? Little did I know that God gave me a heart to love them both so far beyond what I had invisioned. I am ready for 3, 4, or 5 or as many children as He will give us. I would love to fill our home. I know Shelley would too. From my fingers to God's inbox.
What a ride!!!
Merry Christmas
David- for Shelley because she crashed her computer...AGAIN

2 comments:

prechrswife said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Lili! :-)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I just adore that photo and that hat...