Saturday, September 15, 2007

My Gift...

Aly has this book that a friend of mine gave her. It is called "You are my I Love You" It is about a Mother and daughter. I loved it before, but it has taken on new meaning for me now that I don't have my Mom here. Aly and I love to read it together...

"I am your parent; you are my child I am your quiet place; you are my wild
I am your calm face; you are my giggle I am your wait; you are my wiggle
I am your carriage ride; you are my king I am your push; you are my swing
I am your audience; you are my clown I am your London Bridge; you are my falling down
I am your carrot sticks; you are my licorice I am your dandelion; you are my first wish
I am your water wings; you are deep I am your open arms; you are my running leap
I am your way home; you are my new path I am your dry towel; you are my wet bath
I am your dinner; you are my chocolate cake I am your bedtime; you are my wide awake
I am your finish line; you are my race I am your praying hands; you are my saving grace
I am your favorite book; you are my new lines I am your night-light; you are my starshine
I am your lullaby; you are my peekaboo I am your good-night kiss; you are my I Love You!

last night before bed Aly and I were snuggling and laughing and talking about stuff and I pulled her close and said, "You are my answered Prayer" and she held my face and said, "You are my Gift!" My three year old said that I was her gift!!!!!! My God...I am so blessed!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for sharing!!!

That is PRECIOUS!!!!!

Ethel

OziMum said...

Oh Shelley! That brought tears to my eyes! Could a Mama want to hear nicer words? (Other than I love you!!!)

What a sweet heart.