Monday, March 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook- March 9, 2009 edition




For Today...


Outside my window... The light is just starting to peek out and it is 54 degrees. It is supposed to be a beautiful sunny day with a high of 74.


I am thinking... that I wish I hadn't woken up quite so early...the clock read 5:34!!

From the learning rooms... we have some science experiments and some copywork to do. We are also behind on our bible verses and need to review what we have done so far.


I am thankful for…the fact that my legs didn't hurt as much today as they usually do when I get up. Thats a good sign!!!

From the kitchen... I haven't the slightest idea...I'm still half asleep...anyone have any good vegetarian suggestions for dinner tonight?

I am wearing… my blue nightshirt


I am reading... some articles that I printed out a while back and never got around to reading. There are a BUNCH of them I am trying to weed through.


I am hoping... to not fall asleep today while doing something important since I woke up so early this morning!!!!


I am creating... a new life for my little family...one step at a time.

I am hearing... the hum of the air purifier across the room. I love the QUIET of this time of day!!! As I say that, I hear a bird starting it's morning serenade right outside the window.


Around the house... I ALWAYS have a project in the works...they just never seem to get finished. But today I need to try to get caught up on laundry!! I spent most of the weekend outside with the girls and didn't get it caught up on Saturday.

One of my favorite things... is quiet early mornings before everyone gets up. I have always enjoyed that time alone, but I don't get it too much anymore. I MUST start going to bed earlier so I can get up and have my alone time!!!!!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...it is a picture of my Dad's hand. I don't know why, but I just am drawn to this photo. His hands have seen so much and I took this picture not too long after my mother passed away. I guess it is just sentimental and I remember all the love in these hands over the years!!!


"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins."
1 Peter 4:8
Stop by The Simple Woman's Daybook for links to others and to start your own. Thanks for droping in today!

3 comments:

Susan said...

oh Shelley, I think that's one of the most beautiful posts I've ever read. The picture is the ultimate icing on the Vegan cake! Thanks for sharing.

Shelley said...

Well thank you Susan...and your welcome!!

Karen said...

LOVE that picture of your Daddy's hand! Thoughtful post- Thanks for sharing the link-I will check that out when I can.