Sunday, November 2, 2008 is some kind of crazy at our house!!!

Well, David has gone and done it!! He has gone back to school!! Yep...he is now a little more than halfway through his first semester back. He has finished two classes already and has two more to finish this semester. He is really enjoying it and is doing very well. We are so proud of him.

The girls are so precious. When we pray at night before bedtime, they have to pray for "Daddy and his school." We always pray for him when he is taking tests too. Most of his study time and tests usually happen late at night when the girls are in bed asleep, so it is about the first or second thing they ask about when they get up in the morning..."How did Daddy do on his test?"

The other wrench we are dealing with is my leg. For those of you who don't know what I am talking is the short version:

Last year when we were moving to Florida, we got rear-ended. Nothing damage to the car that we could find, but over the next few weeks I soon realized that I was having some serious pain in my neck and middle back. I found a good chiropractor here in town and it turns out that I did some ligament damage to my neck. Not too long after that the pain began to manifest in my right leg. Not my knee, but around my knee in the nerves and muscles. Each week when I would get my neck adjusted, the pain would subside dramatically. This has been going on since back in the spring and had slowly been improving. Well, about a month ago, my leg just stopped hurting...BAM...the pain was basically gone. But then a few days later it started in my left leg. GREAT!!! So, began the same course of action to relieve the pain. Then, all of a sudden, last Tuesday the pain was pretty bad. Much worse than usual. By mid morning, I couldn't walk on it or put any pressure on it at all. I don't mean that it hurt to do so, I mean I COULDN'T!

So, after a three act play to get me into the car, David took me back to the Chiropractor. He adjusted me, but it only helped very little this time. I was still in unbelievable pain. He told me that I should go to the emergency room because there might be something else going on too. So, we went to the ER. They suspected a blood clot. GREAT!! So they did an ultrasound and an Xray but it all came back fine. They could find no problem with my knee (which I knew) and there was no blood clot (Thank God!!). So, I left with muscle relaxers and pain pills and orders to stay off of it within reason and when I am up to either be in a wheel chair or on a walker. I went to see my regular doctor the next day and he has ordered a Ct scan of my neck and MRI's of both legs. So...I am framming and bamming through the house with my walker, and using the office chair to scoot around in the kitchen, and roosting on a stool in front of the washer and dryer!

David has to help me up out of my recliner as it is too low to get up on one leg (well, I can do it better today) and Aly is my A#1 helper. She hauls laundry to and from the laundry room, brings me something to drink, hauls whatever I need as I move from room to room and cannot carry and basically whatever else I need. Poor kid!!!

I must say that the pain is MUCH MUCH better now. I can go a little ways without the walker, but I am trying to use it most all the time for now. At least with the muscle relaxers the muscles in the back of my thigh and the back of my knee are not seizing up on me every time I move.

Anyway, please keep David in your prayers as he is taking two tough classes right now and needs all the prayers you can send up for him. And me, for healing in my leg and someone to find out what is going on, and for the put up with their crazy parents!!!!

Have a wonderful week!!!

Following are a few pictures from last year. I am still amazed at how much they have grown in one year!!


a Tonggu Momma said...

So sorry to hear about your leg, Shelley. I hope you feel better soon.

Susan said...

Shelley I'm so sorry to hear abt. your leg situation. It's hard enough w/ 2 little ones on good legs! I will pray that the Dr's can finally truly identify the problem and you will be back on your feet without discomfort!

AZMom said...

The photos are precious. I do hope you find out what is going on with your leg. When will you get the results of the MRI?

Shelley said...

Thanks TGMomma, Susan and AZmom, I haven't actually had the MRI's or the CT scan. They should be calling me today to schedule the apts.

Dawn said...

I haven't checked in in a while, and we miss you at the chatty site!!! Praying for your leg. Love that you have an A#1 helper. I have sprained my ankle, and Beks has been great helping me too! What precious children we have.
Love and prayers to you,

lillian08 said...

Praying for you my friend! Praying for David... and praying for your little ones as well! Your Aly is such a good little nurturer... (wonder where in the world she learned to be like that??)
Please keep me posted on your progress and your results!!
Love you girl,

Cindy M said...

Hope you're starting to feel better! Sounds like you've had a rough time with that! I am in the same boat with not blogging...I HAVE to get a huge blog post done this week, before I hit the 30 day mark!

prechrswife said...

I was hoping to hear that you had found out something. Take care of yourself, and feel better soon!