Sunday, December 27, 2009

GOTCHA!!!


It is hard to believe that 5 years ago this very day, David and I became parents for the first time. In a crowded conference room, in a hotel on the other side of the world, a precious bundle of joy was placed in my arms and the earth seemed to stop moving for a moment. Tears flowed, hearts swelled, knees went weak and we finally had our beautiful Aly!! That little bundle of love was clothed in four layers of clothing and one very dirty diaper!
I cannot, in my wildest dreams imagine having missed this in my life and I know David feels the same. To have been "chosen" not just once, but twice to become an adoptive parent, is the greatest blessing of all. To those of you who have experienced the miracle of adoption, you know exactly what I am talking about.
To my precious Alyson Ming-Lian ...The miracles that brought you to us are great indeed! We are so thankful for your love and for your very life. We are so blessed to watch you grow each day...growing in the love of Jesus, growing in Grace and definately growing in Beauty!! Always know baby, that you are loved more than you could ever imagine and that you were chosen twice...once by your Daddy and me and the second time by your Creator!!!
I love you!
-Mommy

Our first few moments together!
GOTCHA!!!

our first evening together!!


The end of one very long day for all of us!!

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb."






These two pictures are amazing to me. Less than one week as a family.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are
wonderful, I know that full well!"





Aly getting to know her Poppi (Shelley's Dad)


Aly and Hunny (Shelley's Mom) bonding over a clementine



"My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place."













"when I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed
body."

Be ver-we ver-we quiet...we are hunting wabbits!!



"He will fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy!" Job
8:21-22

Great Allie (Shelley's G-mother) and her namesake...Alyson








God love her!!!!

Fun with washable markers!!!



"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before any of them
came to be!"
Psalm 139:13-16


"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can
fathom."


Aly and her Igma (David's Mom)





"One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your
mighty acts."




"They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your
great deeds."








"They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your
righteousness."
Psalms 145: 3-7










"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"
Psalms 37:4



"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this."

Psalm 37:5


"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in
perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago!"
Isaiah 25:1







"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus
Christ..."

"To him be glory both now and forever! Amen "

2 Peter 3:18




"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we
should be called children of God!" 1 John 3:1

In HIS Mighty Grip

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Gotcha Day Shelley! Love all the pics - what a beautiful girl and beautiful blessing from God!

David said...

My how time does fly. God is real trip isn't He. So glad He invited us along.
I love you, Mim.
D

Cindy M said...

Haven't checked in for a while...loved this post! Those photos are just precious! If I'm ever down your way (or vice versa...although your direction involves palm trees), you must let me and my camera have their way with those beautiful girls!