Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I have no greater joy...

There are so many things I wish and pray for my children. As their mother, and keeper of their little hearts and minds...that list seems to grow daily.

I pray that they will always look out for each other...
I pray that they will be leaders...not just survive the world, but change it!

I pray that they would grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ...

I pray that they would go boldly into the world armed with all that God has for them...


I pray that they would find beauty in all of God's creation ...


I pray that they God would bless them with perseverance and purpose in all they do ...

I pray that they would be blessed with Godly friendships throughout their lives...


...that they would develop a self esteem that is rooted ONLY is the realization that they are God's Workmanship and are created in the image of Him.

I pray that they would always choose faithfulness over successfulness...


I pray that they grow to be women of moral integrity...full of grace, mercy, forgiveness, love & faithfulness with freedom from the trappings of theft, lying, greed, drugs and sexual impurity...






I pray that they would always be able to see the good in people..

...and that they would always remember to have fun...

..that they would be good learners with a desire to grow in God's grace and wisdom...


...always find time to smile...

...and be patient as they wait for the best things from God...


I pray that they will always WAIT for the best that God has!!

...and that they would know the best when God puts it before them!!

...that they would savor the sweet moments that God showers us with daily...


...that God would help them to always have the proper respect for everyone and that they would understand the fine line between "being in the world but not of it"!...

...and that they would dive in head first when they know it is right!

that they would always try...

...and try...

...and keep trying...

...and try again...


...because even if they fail...there is good to be had in the trying!!!

I pray that God will bless them with big dreams and passions...


That they would be content in all things...

even if they have to hold their arms up all day...

and keep holding them up ...

I pray that when they experience pain and suffering in their lives, they would work hard to remove the "rocks in their shoes" and turn to God for refuge, strength and restoration...

That they would be both active and annointed in sharing their faith with all who will listen...


and that they would lead prayer-filled lives...because communication is everything...

...that God will use them in mighty ways...let them swing HIGH Lord!!!






...that they would love justice and act justly!!


...that they would always show mercy and have a compassionate heart...


...that their sleep would be peaceful and restorative...






...even if it is face first in a plate of pizza!!
"I have NO GREATER JOY than to know that my children are
walking in the truth."
3 John:4
In HIS Mighty Grip

7 comments:

prechrswife said...

Love it!

David said...

Beautiful. That says it all. I love you, Mother of my children.

Charlene said...

Love the pictures, Shelly! What wonderful prayers to go along with them. I love your heart for your children!

ps I love the sleeping in pizza picture--SO like my girls!

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

sorry, it's late and my post was full of disjointed thoughts!! I decided it was better to delete it and start all over!

What a BEAUTIFUL entry! Your caramel apples would taste much better if you lived here where it's burrrrrr in the a.m. :) HiNt HiNt

Karen said...

Such a beautiful post- and a pognant reminder to all of us that there is nothing more important or powerful as when we pray for our children!
LOVE the delightful photos of your happy girls!

Angie said...

Um...ya'll need some bigger hills to roll down. I hear TN has some good hills! :) Sweet thoughts...and perfect pics!